The “What, When, Where, Why, and How” for Tech 1 with Guy Shockey in January 2020.
GUE Technical Diver 1 is a six-day course aimed at extending divers range to the 170 ft. mark while accruing up to 30 minutes of decompression, using team strategies, equipment, deco gases and trimix to safely plan these dives.
January 23rd-28th, 2020
Dive Alaska, Anchorage, Alaska
Working schedule is as follows:
- January 23rd-27th: Training dives in Whittier, and classroom work at Dive Alaska.
- January 28th: Drive down to Seward (either night before, or morning of) for the last experience dive off charter boat(s).
Divers are responsible for their own lodging and transportation of themselves and their gear to-and-from Dive Alaska, Whittier, and Seward.
Because it’s badass and a ton of fun.
Cost of the course is $3,200. This includes:
- Instructor’s expenses and tuition (including gas, travel, lodging, etc)
- Instructor’s assistant/cameraman’s expenses (including gas, travel, lodging, etc)
- Any and all nitrox/trimix/deco gas breathed during course, including argon fills
- Any necessary doubles/stage/drysuit inflation bottle rentals
- Boat charter on the last day
- All logistics directly associated with the diving/learning aspects of the course, including classroom, gear storage for the duration of the course, charter booking, etc.
This does not include:
- Rental equipment outside of tanks
All payments can be made to Dive Alaska:
- $700 deposit at time of booking
- $1,500 due by November 15th
- Remaining balance ($1,000) due by December 23rd
All payments are considered final and non-refundable. By placing a deposit on the class, divers are committing to aforementioned payment schedule.
Should a diver need to cancel at any point, all efforts will be made to fill the vacant divers spot, and in doing so, offset the balance they have paid toward the course. However, this is not a guarantee that a replacement will be found.